Versatility Without Compromise.
Performance, Control, & Comfortable Capacity
The Topaz ARGO is a 14′ sailing dinghy that was designed for families, sailing school programs and club racing. The ARGO can be sailed singlehanded or with more with comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. The stability, performance, ease of use, power and responsive handling will impress all sailors. A great boat for a family, club or school. The Topaz Argo has the versatility to do be a good fit for all occasions.
As soon as you step aboard you will notice how stable the ARGO sailing platform is. The ARGO has a dynamic, yet forgiving ultra-stable hull shape and an easily controllable rig that makes it easy for sailors of all skills to handle. The ARGO is fast and exciting but also easily controllable and well mannered.
The ARGO’s seats and contoured side deck to provide a really comfortable place to sit in lower to higher winds. Its textured hull provides a slip-free experience while sitting, hiking, or trapezing. It’s high freeboard, deep spacious cockpit and high boom provides for a lot of space to move around unobstructed within the cockpit. It’s unrivalled stability and a smooth ride mean that the ARGO helps the sailor focus on sailing the boat rather than focusing on staying upright.
With capacity of up to four crew for instruction, to go out with friends for a day out on the water, the ARGO has the space and comfort to do so. With a it’s single line mainsail reefing system and roller reefing jib gives the sailor better control to power up or power down the boat in a variety of weather conditions. It is built with Topper’s unrivaled TRILAM construction, which means the boat will handle tough and is virtually maintenance-free.
The ARGO also comes standard with safety features such as a masthead float, righting lines and grab rails for the crew. Padded hiking straps and quick release main sheet/Jib sheet cleats are standard on the ARGO. An epoxy centerboard and kick-up rudder add to the quality of the boat build.
- Spacious and well-equipped cockpit
- Molded scuppers and cockpit drains for easy draining
- High boom for comfort and safety
- GNAV system (Boom Vang on top of the boom) means a more open cockpit
- CHINE TECHNOLOGY means the ARGO tracks better, reducing capsize moments
- Extra WIDE BEAMY HULL, means stability and more comfort
- High aspect bow cuts through waves rather than plowing through like other brands
- Additional built-in buoyancy up front and high freeboard ensure better sailing without the boat taking on water or nose-diving
- Single-line in-boom reefing system for the mainsail
- Single line launch/retrieve asymmetrical spinnaker option available
- simplified control keep things simple and are easy to use
- Roller Reefing Jib is standard on the ARGO
- Padded hiking straps are standard
- Trapeze option is available
- Epoxy foam-filled rudder and centerboard for low-weight and maximum stiffness
- Grab rails and ‘Step On’ righting lines are standard
- Stayed mast can be left up for the season
- Full mast up boat cover available as an option
- Hinged mast step for easy rigging by just one person
- Standard or Combi trailer option available
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivaled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability
- Three year hull warranty, One year parts and component warranty.
Download PDF Brochure