The Hobie 16 revolutionized multihull sailing. The Hobie 16 is the definition of catamaran sailing form the time it was unleashed on the Southern California beach scene in 1970. Sailing was instantly transformed.
The beach-launched Hobie 16 brought the sport to legions of speed-loving sailors. The catamaran’s lightweight, asymmetrical fiberglass hulls provide lift and its dual-trapeze rig lets you and your crew member harness its sheer power. Now, 45 years and over 100,000 boats later, the Hobie 16 occupies a coveted spot in the Sailboat Hall of Fame and consistently delivers big-grin sailing and world-class racing. Fly a hull and you’ll understand the global obsession!
- Asymmetrical Hulls – No Daggerboards Required
- Carbon Fiber Kick-Up Rudders
- Race-Ready Dacron Sails
- Mesh Trampoline
- Double Trapeze System
- Harken Blocks throughout
- 6:1 Mainsheet with traveler system
- Black Anodized Aluminum Mast with Comptip
- Dollies, Trailers and Other Accessories Available by request