The Topaz 14 was designed by Yves Loday and Rob White. Loday and White. The Topaz 14 was created as an alternative to the traditional Hobie Wave. Faster and more versatile than other boats in its class. The unique and buoyant hull shape with wave piercing technology makes the boat fast and stable in light or heavy conditions. The boat is fun, fast and easy to sail. Sets up in less than 20 minutes. The hulls incorporate skegs rather than daggerboards and a lift rudder system. The lightweight TRILAM hulls are easy to handle ashore and require virtually no maintenance.
The Topaz 14 catamaran is an ideal choice for the recreational sailor looking for a simple boat to rig and sail, sailing schools looking to teach multi-hull sailing and resorts/rental company. It’s fast and fun yet exceptionally stable and forgiving. The controls, from raising the mainsail to handling the main sheet loads are geared so that even young or lighter crew can handle them comfortably. Simplicity at its best with one sail (with one reef point), simple down haul and main sheet.
- Super fast with exhilarating performance
- Buoyant hulls to handle power and guarantee comfort
- Responsive yet stable
- Boomless main
- Full batten Reefable mainsail
- Sealed one piece mast
- Independent lifting rudder system
- Lightweight hull is easy to launch and recover
- Upgrade’s to C or CX version easily
- Length: 4.25 M / 14.0 ft
- Beam: 2.05 M / 6.7 ft
- Crew Capacity: 1-3
- Weight (fully rigged): 110 kg / 243 Lbs
- Mainsail: 9.55 SqM / 178.1 sqft