The Topaz catamaran range has been designed by multi hull racing legends Yves Loday and Rob White. The Cat 14 is a versatile boat that can be sailed single, double or up to three people. Simply rigged, it touches all the bases on being able to get out on the water quickly. Extremely durable, fun to sail and touches a wide range of skills in three different configurations.
The symmetrical hulls are constructed using the TRILAM roto-molding technique used on the Topaz range of sailboats and are very robust and resilient. The hulls incorporate skegs rather than dagger boards so beaching the Topaz 14 is safe and simple. The lightweight and strong TRILAM Metallicene hulls are easy to handle and require virtually no maintenance.
The Topaz 14 comes with a stayed mast with no diamond wires. Righting line and mast head float is standard for safety. High quality hardware by Ronstan and Allen make the boat easy to use and sail. Control lines are high quality English Braids and sails are made by Hyde. Mainsail has a reefpoint if needed and the Jib comes standard with a roller furler in case you need to depower the boat. ‘Race’ kick up rudder system allows you to either lock the rudders down or lock them up when needed and still allowing them too kick up. Overall a well thought out boat.
The Topaz 14 Resort comes with the standard reefing main sail and is the starter version of the this very versatile catamaran. Popular with recreationally sailors- kids, young adults learning to sail and adults wanting a boat that can grow with the skill of the sailor by adding different sails and hardware. Also a great resort boat for hotels and resorts. Lakehouse, beach or an easily tailorable boat to any body of water for a day or weekend of sailing. Mainsheet with traveler, 3:1 downhaul, aluminum tiller extension and a mast head float are standard.
The Topaz 14 C is a step up from the Resort in that it incorporates a Jib into the equation. Fast and fun she will give all sailors an exciting sail. This boat comes with a single trapeze set up and can be ordered with a second as an option. Jib comes standard with a roller furler for easy furling when needed. As with all Topaz catamarans, the mainsail can be reefed if needed.
The Topaz 14 CX is a fast cat with the addition of an asymmetrical spinnaker. With Topaz’s ‘Single Line’ system for raising and lowering the spinnaker into the snuffer bag, it makes it easy for the a sailor to really put this boat through its paces. An exciting boat to sail.
Topaz 14 C/CX PDF Topaz 14 Resort PDF Topaz 14 C/CX/R Pricing
The Topaz 14 is a catamaran that is fast, fun and forgiving:
- High foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is great for stability, handling and quick feedback
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for dagger boards) make for user friendly sailing
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about
- Lock-in beams combined with stiff hull construction provide a stiff, rigid and dynamic sailing platform
- Adjustable, safe and simple ‘Race’ Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of blade dependent on conditions
- Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance
- Durable and manageable Dacron radial-cut mainsail and furling jib is standard
- Reefing mainsail is standard
- Single-line ‘Race’ Gennaker System is easy and effortless
- Snuffer tube and gennaker sock
- High quality foot straps for trapezing
- Unique non-slip pattern is user friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing
- Foam filled sealed mast for extra safety
- Step hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy
- Incredibly high quality hardware including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats
- Auto-ratchet main block and gennaker/spinnaker block
- Hard wearing injection molded polyethylene rudder blade
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, dynamism, lightweight and durability
- Three year hull warranty
- Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.
- Dacron mainsail is white with red/black trim. Dacron jib is white with red/black trim.