Topaz Sailing System – UNO+, UNO Race, Race X
Probably the most versatile small sailboat ever. Versatile choice of rigging options. From beginner to club racer:
• Ideal for young solo beginners to gain confidence.
• Space for two crew.
• Can be set up with one sail or a main and jib.
• Choice of Dacron or Mylar sail.
• Exceptionally stable.
• Easy to handle.
• Very robust, maintenance free TRILAM construction – Read more…
• ISAF ‘Learn to Sail’ Class
VERSATILE AND GREAT FUN TO SAIL
The TOPAZ SAILING SYSTEM comes with a choice of rig options so the boat can be set up to suit you. The TOPAZ SYSTEM hull comfortably holds two people of any size so can be sailed single handed or as a two person dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘UNO PLUS’ is the most popular rig option and one of our best sellers. The UNO PLUS offers great value as a simple one or two person boat. It is easy to handle and very robust. This rig option provides a great introduction to sailing as well as being an ideal multi-purpose family dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE PLUS’ rig offers extra performance with the use of a more powerful 75 Sq ft fully-battened Mylar mainsail.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE X’ rig is for more experienced sailors featuring the addition of a 90 Sq ft asymmetric gennaker. The Yachts and Yachting test concludes that the Race X will deliver “seriously fast sailing for the club sailor right through to a professional sailor. The asymmetric system is simple, easy to use and easy to rig and takes the boat to yet another level only found in boats costing twice the retail price”.
See below for the specs of the Topaz Sailing System – 3 boats in 1.
- TOPAZ UNO+ Dacron mainsail is white. Dacron jib is all white.
- TOPAZ Race+ Mylar mainsail is clear Mylar with black trim. Mylar jib is clear.
- TOPAZ RaceX Mylar mainsail is clear Mylar with black trim. Mylar jib is clear. Spinnaker is black.
- Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.