The steppingstone towards serious cat racing
The Nacra F16 offers everything that racing teams are looking for in a mature racing cat and more. Nacra F16 is the preferred choice for lightweight crews of all ages, suitable for both doublehanded and singlehanded sailing. Designed to leave the sailors in control, Nacra F16 is much fun to sail. As well in racing as in touring mode.
The boat will standard be delivered in completely class legal configuration. However, with the multifunctional daggerboard cases you have the possibility to switch to curved daggerboards, providing a semi-foiling performance. If you want to take your F16 even further, different options are available: carbon mast, boom, spinnaker pole, tiller tie bar and even DS sails. Although the F16 class regulations do not allow a deck sweeper yet, Nacra already has it available for you.
Who will be sailing the Nacra F16?
• Nacra sailors looking for the next steps
• Sailors who want to experience the first steps towards foiling
• Solo sailors that just want to go out whenever it suits them
• Sailors that just want a light multihull with large range of sail and crew weight versatility
• Lightweight racing teams that are too light for F18 but are searching for an exciting competitive boat
• Couples/mixed teams that are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with a boat
The F16 class builds a community for competitive and social racers. The aim of the class is to work closely with the other formula classes to create a great environment for all sailors. The Formula 16 class is both an open class (handicap) racer as well as a class racer. Besides the competitive sailing, recreational sailing is an important part of the class. These three scenes complement each other fully and none interferes with the full exploitation of another. The F16 class is looking forward to welcome new F16 sailors in their community, whatever kind of sailor you are.
Formula 16 International Class Association